Attention badminton enthusiasts,
DATE: Sunday July 22nd, 2012
TIME: 10 am – 6 pm
LOCATION: Blaisdell YMCA, Minneapolis
EVENTS: Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Group A – 1st ( Peter / Manoj ), 2nd ( Kannan, Prem )
Group B – 1st ( Paul / Celeste ), 2nd ( Mike / Kim Ming )
Group C – 1st ( Andrew / Ying Lan ), 2nd ( Kit / Jay )
Group D – 1st ( Roman / Pronter ), 2nd ( Roy / Philip )
Congratulations to all the winners!
Pictures of event here
Summer registration is open! Please click on the link below to register.
Summer session runs from June 5th through August 31st. Tuesdays and Fridays, 6:30 to 9:30 PM.
Same 3 payment options are available for players:
- Full membership (Best Value at ~$3/night). Sign up via Edina Community Education website. Follow the link above.
- Frequent visitor pass ($4/night). 10-day pass can be purchased on-site.
- Walk-In ($5/night)
Note that Full membership also gives additional benefits such as discounted Birdie purchases and prioritized court time on busy evenings.
Spring is here! Registration for the entire season (April 10th – June 1st) is available at:
Below is a list of playing times and location for the Spring Session:
Every Tuesday and Friday, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
3 options are available for players:
1) Full membership ($41/season)- Register via Edina Community Education. Have access to every listed play time. Best value, approximately $2.50/night of play.
2) 10-days Pass ($40/card)- Can be purchased on-site. Allows player to play any 10 days of choosing. $4/night of play.
3) Walk-in Rate- Player pays $5/night of play.
See you all soon!
One of Goodfeathers goals is to promote the sport of Badminton. As a rule, we want to be open and encourage walk-in players. However, the club has to balance this openness with preserving playing time for our regular members. To this end, on busy nights, the “Walk-in Court” rule may be enforced.
“Walk-In Court” Rules:
- Busy nights are defined as regular players waiting more than one turn to play a game.
- When the “Walk-in Court” rule is enforced, 1/2 of the available courts will be defined as Walk-In courts. Signs will be posted. This means that walk-in players can only play in those courts*. Regular members are allowed to play in all the courts
- The number of “Walk-in Courts” may be adjusted by the organizers as needed
*Walk-in players may play on regular courts if they are guests of regular members up to a maximum of 2 walk-in players per game.